Glimpses of Spirituality

Spirituality is not a religion
Spirituality is not about philosophy or scholarship
Spirituality is not of the mind at all
Spirituality is absolute positive energy within

Words in dictionary cannot define spirituality
Mind cannot tread in the realm of spirituality
Spirituality is positive vibration within
Devoid of human mind’s limitations and reach

Spirituality is acceptance and love of all
All that is part of Mother Nature
Mother Nature's all encompassing universe
Universe that lies within us and without us.

Inside us is a simple and orderly universe
That is identical to the universe outside us
Identical in its basic nature and essence
But hidden from our senses and intellect

Because I lived in his house in childhood
I was around my grandfather a lot
He was true reflection of positive energy
Always loving, caring and accepting

In my grandfather's peaceful residence
As I grew up from childhood into adolescence
I could not help but notice him intimately
Because his daily life reflected spirituality

How did grandfather reflect spirituality?
Not through words, writing or lecturing
But merely exercising his cultivated powers
Love, kindness, calmness, and empathy for all

He once asked me, if I would remember him
Remember him after he was long gone
I wish he could hear me say now
That my breath is your breath

How I wish, I could have told him so
While he was still alive around me
But then I had some growing up to do
To appreciate what he had offered, was so enriching

(From ”Glimpses of Spirituality through my Grandfather Bhaiyaa”)

No comments: